Pages

Friday, January 17, 2014

LND Links

Happy Friday!  We are having a few neighbors over to the house tonight, so I'll be spending today cooking and, of course, cleaning, because that's what I do.

I'm looking forward to a fun few days--and another 3-day weekend!  We're thinking we may take the kids ice skating or bowling or something like that on Monday, to take advantage of the day off since our winter break was mostly spent lying on the couch with the flu.

Here are a few links to some stuff I found cool and/or interesting this week:







My boys really wanted Paracord Survival bracelets like this that they saw at a sporting goods store (for quite a bit of money), but I knew I could find a tutorial to make them! 

I've made a few infinity scarves as gifts over the last few years...this is a great tutorial from the amazing Purl Bee.








A super-easy recipe for DELICIOUS homemade cheez-its!  Matt and my kids all loved these.

Matt made this miso-ginger salmon for dinner last week and it was amaaaaazing!






What do you think about Centsational Girl's Top Ten Kitchen Trends Here to Stay?  I love a lot of these looks...

I'm kind of obsessed with this vintage-looking oven.  I wonder how easy it would be to actually use...

And since I apparently have kitchens on the brain, here is a link to one of my favorite kitchens ever.






With four kids and a puppy playing in the yard non-stop, our grass was looking really rough at the end of last Fall.  I'm thinking come Spring I might need to follow this plan so we don't have a dirt patch where our lawn should be.

I really want a firepit in our yard.  Something like this would be amazing (I'll take the waterfront property and the boat, too, actually!)







Lately, my kids have been complaining about fairness a lot, which drives me crazy.  Maybe I'll just show them this.

Would it be bad parenting to hang this in my childrens' bedrooms?  :)






Did you watch the Golden Globes?  Lupita Nyong'o was the most beautifully dressed and styled, in my opinion.  Who was your fave?

I think I pretty much NEED this sundress.  It's perfect in every way. 

Enjoy and have a great long weekend, everyone!

xoxo,
Jessica

3 comments:

lucy said...

what was paula patton thinking?

olivia wilde looked jaw-droppingly gorgeous...but you're right, lupita was the best dressed. then she stunned again at the critic's choice awards. cate blanchett and olivia wilde tied for second.

jennifer lawrence wins my most underwhelming award.

chris hemsworth was obviously the best dressed guy there.

Jessica @ Little Nesting Doll said...

Lucy, I also hated Paula Patton's dress and also Drew Barrymore's dress. I know Drew is pregnant but so is Olivia Wilde and she nailed it. And I loved Emma Watson's dress/pants combo--very daring and great color. I liked Sandra Bullock's whole look and I hope I can look that good when I am 49.

I really liked the guy's tux who won for the score for All is Lost--just sort of cool and artsy. :)

lucy said...

Oh yeah I forgot about Emma Watson. Loved that too. She's always perfect. Was Sandra in the blue and pink dress? If so, I did not like that.

What'd you think of Julia Roberts?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pin It!