Pages

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Happy Birthday Dad!

And now that I've gotten that off my chest, I'm taking a deep breath and moving on.  I'm finding my Spring.

Today is my Dad's birthday. He would hate it if I waxed all poetic about him, so I'll just say this: he is one of the smartest people I know and one of the hardest workers.  He retired a few years ago and he and my Mom bought a cottage on a lake last summer and are completely renovating it, and I love seeing them so happy--if anyone deserves a fun and relaxing retirement, it's my Dad.  My Mom has a few years left before she retires, but since she works in a school, she at least has summers off, and I'm quite certain this will be how they spend their summers from now on:



I know my Dad is probably spending today working on plumbing in the cottage or something like that, but I also know my Mom and sisters (and nephews and niece and brothers-in-law) will make sure he has an amazing and delicious birthday dinner and a fun night.

From 500 miles away, the rest of your family is sending wishes for a happiest happy birthday, too!  Happy Birthday Daddy!

1 comment:

Melissa Joyce said...

We will! <3 For totally selfish reasons!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pin It!